Saturday, January 14, 2012

Costa Concordia Cruise Ship Sinking


I wanted to give an update on this tragic sinking. There were 4,000-plus passengers and crew aboard and 40-60 passengers are still missing and 9 are dead. At least three bodies were recovered. A Korean honeymoon couple was saved hours after the crash.
The first course had just been served in the dining room and other passengers were at the magic show in the theater. Then the hallways turned upside down, and passengers crawled through the dark and others jumped into the cold Mediterranean Sea.
This is very upsetting and I feel so bad for everyone aboard. I can’t believe this ship was doing what it does 52 times a year, going along the route between Civitavecchia and Savona and it suddenly crashes into a reef now? The captain was an 11-year Costa veteran and that the cruise line was cooperating with Italian investigators to find out what went wrong. The cruise started on Jan 7th and it crashed into a reef late Friday night. It is very strange and scary; the captain abandoned the ship also. I have been on 7 cruises and this is just so surprising to me. I love cruises and can’t believe this has happened. It is like reading about Titanic. I wonder if this is going to discourage people from cruising now?

No comments: